We highlight leading educational resources and organizations that effect lasting change and achieve enduring results for those seeking a successful career in the public sector.
Maxwell School Department of Public AdministrationMaxwell School Department of Public Administration
Welcome to Public Administration and International Affairs
The Maxwell School’s Department of Public Administration and International Affairs welcomes students who want to develop public management and policy analysis skills on a concentrated schedule.
- Our 12-month MPA degree is ranked first among more than 250 graduate public affairs programs (U.S. News & World Report).
- Our 16-month MAIR is a top-ranked international relations master’s degree program (Foreign Policy magazine).
- The department also offers Ph.D., MPH and midcareer options.
- Our faculty roster includes leading experts with years of high-level public service experience and numerous awards for research, teaching and public service.
Public Administration and International Affairs in the Maxwell School is simply the best place to learn how to make a practical difference in a challenging, ever-changing global society, where public administration and international relations work hand-in-hand.
- Build a career out of your passion for public service and civic responsibility.
- Explore the broad, complex range of topics underlying today’s global challenges.
- Study in programs trusted by employers in the non-profit, public, and private sectors.
- Join a large and active alumni network of friends and mentors with a global reach.