We highlight leading educational resources and organizations that effect lasting change and achieve enduring results for those seeking a successful career in the public sector.
Who We Are
Texas.gov is a collaborative, public-private partnership between the State of Texas and Texas NICUSA, LLC (TexasOnline). Austin-based Texas NICUSA, LLC is a subsidiary of NIC, the nation’s leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions.
Texas.gov is powered by the TexasOnline team, a group of 100+ professionals that provide Texas government with efficient, cost-effective ways to develop and maintain online services for all Texans. We offer the following services to government:
- Application development – We design and build online applications that are accessible, multi-lingual, and available to Texans anytime, anywhere.
- Technology solutions – We manage the infrastructure, hosting, networking, quality assurance, and security for each online application.
- Payment processing – Our secure, PCI-compliant payment solution provides customized reporting, reconciliation, and audit services.
- Marketing and promotion – We help raise awareness and drive adoption of online services with targeted marketing expertise and support.
- Customer service – Our multi-channel approach is available 24/7 for partner and end user needs.
- Funding options – We provide flexible funding options and the ability to leverage a statewide contract.
Texas.gov currently offers more than 1,000 online services. Since inception in 2000, the website has*:
- Processed more than 180 million transactions
- Collected more than $27 billion in state and local revenue
- Contributed more than $141 million in new revenue to the State’s General Revenue Fund
*Through December 31, 2012