Why Change Sucks (And How You Can Successfully Navigate it!)
Add one pandemic and mix in the globe and you get fear, death and uncertainty. Uncertain times are here. Social distancing is a reality. And, my neighbors have a freezer full of chicken!
This Covid-19 virus thing is new for most of us and we’re still not sure how to react. Sprinkle in anger, hanging with your loved ones a lot and a stock market that took a significant hit and the near future looks bleak. And yet, public sector employees are in the middle of it all helping us keep towns, cities and states running!
Work has changed. Many of us are still working from home. Life has changed. Going out is still scary for many.
Relationships have changed. Viral is in. In-person is out, but we’re finally opening up some business.
The world we knew is on hold. It’s adjusting and it’s going to be fine. Question is‐ are YOU going to be fine?
Statistically, some more will get sick and sadly, some more will die, the virus will hopefully subside, a vaccine will be found. And, life will slowly…. slowly get back to normal.
Public sector employees, businesses, and leaders will begin to move forward together again. It will be safe for groups to gather, celebrate, live life and party once again. This is a harsh test for all of us. It ain’t easy. Thankfully, most have food and shelter. That’s a big deal when you think about essentials and the non‐essentials like sports, entertainment, dining and gatherings. These are now a bonus and will be embraced with joy again throughout the world when we’re given the “green light” to resume normal activities.
This stinks because we’re often still stuck at home, in an office that doesn’t always feel 100% safe from a health perspective. Or, we’re binge‐watching, having a drink or two and eating prepared meals again when ordering gets to be too much. It’s difficult to adjust to some change.
Question‐ can ordering out or pick up ever become too much? I think not!
This Covid-19 virus thing is new for most of us and we’re still not sure how to react.
300 words in and I’m ready to give you the goods. That’s right. The 5 things that will turn that frown upside down.
- I promise you that smiling helps. Try it now. If I’m wrong, you’ll get double your money back. Repeat often!
- Phone that person that you’ve been meaning to call. Listen to them. Hear their rants and then it’s your turn. Change is tough. This change is proving to be really rough.
- You’ve got a phone or computer, right? Put it down, unplug and go for a walk with a friend or loved one. But, keep your distance. Or, hold hands, it’s your call. I went with a walk with my lovely wife today. We held hands and tried to smile.
- Eat something that makes you happy. Eat something that is good for you. Repeat.
- Any form of exercise will help. Anything. Be active, stretch, do some pushups, ride your bike, go for a hike, run, walk.
These are uncharted waters and navigating them takes poise, tenacity and,
okay, I’ll admit it, candy. That’s right. Don’t tell my doctor, but I have a small reserve of candy I eat to keep me happy. We may be low on toilet paper, but the stores have food and plenty of candy!
If you need to chat, have a laugh or simply vent feel free to email me at email@example.com. Or, you can call me at 414 507 8008.